i recently had to take a blood test as part of a life insurance medical. all results came out normal, apart from esr (60), and this resulted in raising my premium. i dont suffer from any medical condition, so why might my esr level be so high?

48 years experience Pathology
Need to examine: It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without additional history, physical examination and may be some tests. Elevated ESR is a non-specific indicator of inflammation and that explains the insurance companies concern. You may visit this site for info: https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/sed-rate/about/pac-20384797
Answered on Jun 15, 2020
1