U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Pembroke Pines, FL
A 28-year-old female asked:

period cycle changes from 28-25 days. two weeks ago, 23 days. i am 28 and not stressing.

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Obstetrics and Gynecology 22 years experience
Many options : Irregular periods are one of the most common problems obgyns treat. If this is one time problem it usually resolves on its own. If this is a recurring problem you should be evaluated. Infections & hormonal changes can cause spotting. If there is a concern for pregnancy then do a home pregnancy test . There are many options available to help regulate the menstrual cycle. Schedule a visit.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership

Similar questions

A 34-year-old member asked:

Is it normal for EKG and stress tests to be normal after stent & 2 angioplasties were done?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Vardhan Reddy
Vascular Surgery 36 years experience
Yes/no : 85% chance of being abnormal. And it can be normal in 15%of pts.
A 39-year-old member asked:

What could cause the left side of my jaw to lock up after catching a cold a few days ago?

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Thomas Benda, jr
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 34 years experience
TMJ disorder: A locked jaw is usually due to a temporomandibular joint that is injured or displaced. This could happen when you are ill from clenching too much, or a wide yawn if you already have aproblem with the joint. Go see an ent. If severe a few days of a steroid will help, then you may need an occlusion splint made by a dentist.
A 45-year-old member asked:

How does a man's sex life change with aging?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 52 years experience
Lowered function: While sexual potential can carry through into quite older age, the erectile capacity and ejacualate volume decrease with age. Some lose desire which is entirely psychological. Note the many products on the market for this and the destruction of endangered animals for this (rhino horns, bear gall bladder stones, etc.).
A 38-year-old female asked:

Im so moody I don't no why my period was short last month like 4 days and it came this month for 7 days i'm so moody what could be wrong?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Andrew Blazar
Obstetrics and Gynecology 62 years experience
Not your periods: Both menses sound normal being moody is likely related to other circumstances (husband, kids, job, money ?).
San Antonio, TX
A 36-year-old male asked:

Is it safe to take 5 metformin pills & 5 onglyza (saxagliptin) pills on 1 day and take a break for 5 days while fasting?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Richard Scofield
Diabetology 33 years experience
Absolutely not!: There is no rationale for taking metformin or Onglyza (saxagliptin) in that fashion and taking such large amounts all at once may lead to toxic side-effects.
Dr. William Harris
Family Medicine 33 years experience
The equivalent 5-day Onglyza treatment would be once-weekly Bydureon injections. You get all of the benefits of a daily pill in a weekly shot. There is no equivalent, weekly (more convenient) dosing form of metformin yet -- we're still stuck with the once-daily metformin so far...
Sep 8, 2013

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership
Last updated Dec 31, 2018

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.