U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old female asked:

I am going back to work soon and would like to stop breastfeeding. is there any over the counter meds i can take to dry up breast milk?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. John Berryman
Obstetrics and Gynecology 56 years experience
Breast milk: stop: If you are certain about stopping breast feeding, ask your OB provider about "bromergotcryptine" which will stop prolactin production in the pituitary, and your breast milk will cease being produced. No over the counter medications will affect milk production effectively.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 30, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.