Australia

Hi i have a swollen right lip of my vagina, it is very, very swollen and looks to be very bruised. had some rough intercourse last night now very sore?

Pathology 50 years experience
Give it rest: Vulvar tissue is loose and sensitive, any trauma will cause a swelling, just like a swollen lip on minor injury. You may put an ice pack on it, or just give it some time. It may help to use a water based lubricant like K-Y jelly before sex. Wish you good health! - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex. Get HPV vaccine,
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
TKO: Unfortunately, the right labia took a "technical knockout" with the "rough intercourse" the night before. Give the area a significant rest before your next "bout" (intercourse) and it usually will heal. I am aware that intercourse is known as a "contact sport" but a more gentle approach by you and your partner will eliminate the need for another "bruising boxing match."
Last updated Jul 19, 2018