A 43-year-old female asked:

Severe low back pain bilateral foot and ankle swelling purple splotchy rash on shoulder bruising starting left ankle arms and hand weakness and pain what kind of dr should i see i was thinking neurology but maybe vascular?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Keith Johnson
Orthopedic Surgery 25 years experience
Tough one : This is a difficult one to answer due to the shear number of symptoms, not all of which are necessarily related, and unanswered questions. The best doctor to begin with is a board certified internal medicine physician to get a full work up.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 5, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.