My uvula is swollen and feels like theres something stuck in my throat. This started after the operation on my scalp.I got an antibiotic for the operation on the scalp. Any advice on treating this, will it heal by itself. Thanks?

Dr. Stephen Scholand
22 years experience in Infectious Disease
Needs doctor to see: This could be a very dangerous reaction to an antibiotic -swelling of the throat- that needs to be seen and evaluated by a doctor NOW. Not sure if you had a 'tube down your throat' for the scalp surgery? If so, then it could just be mechanical irritation from the tube, and much less worrisome. Since you need to keep breathing -I would get this evaluated ASAP. Call the doctor who did the surgery.
Answered on Mar 3, 2018