GB

i am experiencing big toe pain (quality: warm to touch, pain in joint) . the following also describe me: joint swelling, foot pain, swollen foot, and difficulty walking. what should i do?

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 40 years experience
Joint pain: needs to be evaluated by your doctor. It could be anything from gout or something more involved. Please get a diagnosis and you will be able to treat it as needed. Peace and good health.
Dr. Pierre Moeser
Specializes in Rheumatology
Urgent care: Pain, swelling, and warmth point to an inflammatory cause rather than a mechanical cause such as osteoarthrosis or ill-fitting shoes. Gout is high on the list of diagnoses but unusual at age 21. What concerns me are the possibilities of infection or fracture. I would seek help urgently through your primary care physician or urgent care.
Dr. Jaiprakash Thakor Jairam
See doctor: This is gout until proven otherwise It is only affecting 1 joint.The big toe is involved in over 50% of all cases.