U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 20-year-old female asked:

Have ammenorrhea due 2 daily highintensityexercise/inadequatecalories now do moderate exercise every other day/eat well. gained3pounds. still not back?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Obstetrics and Gynecology 24 years experience
Evaluation: You should be seen by an Obgyn and hormonal testing should be done. Exercise induced amenorrhea can have some serious long term consequences. You need to have some hormonal testing done. Hormonal supplementation may be needed
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 24, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.