Malaysia

When i lie down to sleep i always feel like im drowning and have phlegm in my throat that make me breathless.ive done tonsillectomy and capso. help?

Doctor can evaluate: Such symptoms may possibly due to achalasia, or other causes. One can see her primary care doctor, who can refer to a gastroenterology doctor if needed. Achalasia is when the lower end of the esophagus is too tight, and swallowed liquids and foods have a hard time getting into the stomach, and thus remain in the esophagus and flow back into the throat when a person lies down or bends over.

Last updated Jul 8, 2018