U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Oakland, CA
A 22-year-old male asked:

I am experiencing eye irritation (worsened by: exposure to wind, after swimming) . the following also describes me: dry eyes. what should i do?

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 58 years experience
Artificial tear: You need to apply artificial tears to your eyes regularly (3-5x daily, preferably preservative-free) . For more severe cases, Rx eye drops may be needed. Wearing large glasses to shield the eyes from the wind may be helpful. It is however unusual for a person of your age to have dry eye issue.
Last updated Oct 24, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.