Saint Charles, MO

taken 15mg oxycodone q6 for about 6 mos (chronic back pain). weaning off at 10mg x5/day. feel anxious, irritable. is this from decreased dose? having trouble distinguishing from my normal anxiety, and not sure if i should use my lorazepam for it.

Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 57 years experience
Oxycodone taper: Discuss wth your medical team and tell they what you are experiencing.
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Go slower, get help: I am assuming this is prescribed, so it should be the PRESCRIBER who helps you taper off. I recommend no more than about 10% of the dose per week, which would be about 5 mg per week over 10-12 weeks. You are going twice that fast, so I would slow it down. BUT TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR OR PRESCRIBER about it. I would NOT recommend using lorazepam in any higher dose than is already prescribed.Good luck