PA

Lately some (not all) of my stools are yellowish, greasy and float. also pain at base of my spine. should i be converned?

Dr. Rifat Naghmi
Greasy stools: Greasy and floating stools are the hallmarks of malabsorption. Please see a gastroenterologist for evaluation.
Dr. Kenny Chuu
No, but depends: Hi Although I'm not sure if the pain in the spine and the fatty stools are correlated, it may be reasonable to talk to your doctor at the next clinic visit. First things would be to take note of how long it has been going on and to see if there were any triggers like change in diet/snack foods or new medications or new supplements. More concerning things would be abdominal pain and weight loss.

Last updated Jun 9, 2017