United Kingdom

my only symptom is sore throat for 9 days but the past few days i have been waking up in sleep gasping for air with a big breath ?

Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegab answered
Allergy and Immunology 40 years experience
? Reflux: It can cause the sore throat, and air gasp with the possible build up of acid in your throat, may be. At any rate, if sore throat isn't improving, you need to see your doctor, meanwhile, salt water gargles will help, drink plenty of plain water to help reduce the reflux if this is the case, together with trial of OTC antacids, good luck
Dr. Andrew Seibert
Gastroenterology 35 years experience
That description happens a lot in patients with sleep apnea also.
May 16, 2017
Dr. Dean Giannone
Need eval.: If your sore throat was due merely to a viral infection, I would presume that you will be better by now. Given that you're not, especially since your symptoms seem progressive, you need an evaluation to see if more treatments are in order.

Last updated May 16, 2017