U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Madison, Alabama
A 28-year-old female asked:

Pain for years in between uterus and dig tract only on period. suddenly the pain is with every bowel movement. do i go to gyno, er or phys? thank you

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Obstetrics and Gynecology 23 years experience
Start with Gyn: Since your pain is associated with your menstrual cycle this may indicate endometriosis. The best place to start is with your gynecologist. They can begin the evaluation. Since your digestive tract is involved they may want to consult a gastroenterologist. If they are considering laparoscopic surgery they may prefer a colorectal surgeon in cases endometriosis is on the bowel
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 15, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.