Canada

My period used to go from heavy to light and would last 7 days. now, the flow starts extremely light (spotting) to heavy and lasts for 11 to 12 days.

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Many options : I'm sorry to hear that your menstrual cycles are lasting longer than you would prefer. The good news is there are lots of options for menstrual cycle control. Some people like taking birth control pills to have shorter and lighter periods. Others like to use progesterone IUDs and other forms of contraception to provide cycle control.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 8, 2016