IL

I bent my 1 finger back playing volley and it swelled up and turned purple, now the purple ness is gone and it's been swollen for 6 days/ it's crooked?

Dr. Cynthia Villacis
Possibly broken: If someone has a finger that looks crooked 1 week after trauma it is very likely broken. If by chance it isn't broken, it is likely there is a torn ligament or a dislocation involved. I would recommend that that person go to the doctor and they most likely will need an xray to see what is going on.
Dr. Dean Giannone
Broken?: Could be broken. Did you get an x-ray when this happened? If not, go for an x-ray.

Last updated Nov 7, 2016