Laurel, MT

Im farsighted with a mild astigmatism (90) do i have to have my astigmatism collect when wearing contacts? i see clear without them night is awful

Dr. Kenneth Adams
Ophthalmology 18 years experience
Astigmatism: 90 is the direction of the astigmatism not the amount. Astigmatism is when the eye is not entirely round and is very common. For low levels of astigmatism it is possible to provide a spherical equivalent prescription. However, if you are symptomatic at night it might me necessary to have the full correction.
Dr. William Goldstein
Ophthalmology 31 years experience
Depends: If the amount of your astigmatism is small, you may not need special contact lenses.