United Kingdom

i missed my period 6 weeks ago pregancy test comes up negative i got a hcg done it came back normal what does this mean?

Pathology 49 years experience
Hormonal imbalance: Menstrual irregularities are not uncommon and anovulatory cycle is a common cause. If you miss more than two periods it would be time to see your doctor. If you do not wish to be pregnant, use contraception all the time. You may consider implanted contraceptive or an IUD. Consult this site for more information on this topic. http://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/menstruation/conditioninfo/Pages/causes.aspx Practice safe sex.