clomid (clomiphene) (3-7). on cycle day 17, having cramps in lower abdomen and cervical mucus is almost dry. is it a sign of early periods or ovulation?

Dr. Timothy Brown
Ovulation: If the Clomid (clomiphene) was effective you should have ovulated about day 14. Some cramping with and after ovulation is common and the cervical mucus will dry up after ovulation due to increasing Progesterone levels. If the cramping persists you ought to be checked because Clomid (clomiphene) can occasionally cause the development of large ovarian cysts which can easily rupture.