Stafford, TX

hello, i'm really hoping that someone can ease my mind.i had unprotected sex on july 17th, which was a few days before my ovulation and although he didn't finish in me i was concerned about pre-ejaculate. i took a plan b pill 12 hours later and i was free

Dr. Clarene Cress
Specializes in Pediatrics
Relax, you're ok: Plan B is reportedly 95% effective if taken within the first 24 hours after unprotected sex. Exceptions would be if your body weight is elevated over 165#, as it becomes slightly less effective. If you are pregnant, a home pregnancy test is usually reliable about the time of your missed period, and definitely a week after. Insist on condoms in the future to avoid risk of both pg and infection.

Last updated Oct 29, 2017