after having intercourse with my husband i get a burning on the outside of the opening of my vagina, it burns only after we have sex what is it?

Dr. Paula Hillard
44 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Many possibilities: It could be a vaginal infection such as yeast, or an std, or even an allergy to condoms. There is also a chronic conditions called vulvodynia that causes the feeling of burning in the vulvar area. It could also be just do to too much friction without enough lubricant. Try using a personal lubricant, such as "astroglide" or KY jelly to decrease friction, but if it continues, see your dr.
Answered on Oct 7, 2015
6