U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old male asked:

I m not a transgender. i m a normal male who wants to chemically castrate myself as i hate sexual arousal of any kind. that's just me. i m shy to tell this to my gp or psychiatrist so how am i supposed to get firmagon or degarelix?

2 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 42 years experience
Congrats on this: question. Your concerns MAY be Body Dysmorphic Disorder or some other issue. Please don't self-diagnose but consider seeing support and education from a therapist who specializes in BDD or human sexuality. We all need to gain self-acceptance no matter what our body is like. Peace and good health. Hormone therapy for you MAY be treating the symptom/branch, rather than the root.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. David Lipkin
Internal Medicine 54 years experience
Speak with your Dr.: You won't be able to get this medication thru Health Tap. Hating sexual arousal is not normal. You must confide in your psychiatrist and discuss the reasons for your desire to chemically castrate yourself.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 24, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.