Knoxville, TN

i took singulair (montelukast) for the third day now. it seems to be helping but i had stomach pain last night. will this side effect subside? about how long do side effects last? or should i quit taking it?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Singulair (montelukast): In my experience singulair (montelukast) has been very well tolerated and I'm unaware of it being tough on the stomach. You could retry taking it when your stomach is back to normal to see whether the same discomfort recurs. If you're taking other medications like antibiotics, mucus looseners, cough syrups or bronchodilators, perhaps one of them was responsible for your stomach distress.
Dr. Ayisha Gani
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Singulair (montelukast): The stomach pain may not even be from the medicine. If the pain. Hole the singulair (montelukast) for few days and see the effect on the pain, then you would know whether the pain is the side effect or not. Singulair (montelukast) is fairly well tolerated medicine even though stomach pain is listed as one of the side effect i have not seen one.