A 20-year-old male asked:
I have been taking pepcid (famotidine) for 3 weeks for gastritis and possible gerd. when can i expect to heal? i have been smoking 1 cigarette a day, but stopped.
1 doctor answer • 2 doctors weighed in
Psychiatry 55 years experience
Gastritis, Stress: I commend you for stopping smoking.
Let Wise Man within you Reflect:
Causes of Gastritis- Stress, Alcohol, Drugs
• Possible GERD due to Stress
• Pepcid alone has not healed you yet
• Need to see Psychiatrist for Diagnosis of Anxiety and GERD, Therapy
• Believe in Blessings of Breath of Life and Healing power of your Body
• Breathing and Music Relaxation
• Visual Imagery of National Parks
1.3k viewsReviewed >2 years ago
Last updated Nov 27, 2017
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.