used retin a (tretinoin) twice on penis head...skin burned, reddish and sore patches. applying vaseline, moisturizer for 3 days. can i apply betnovate ointment?

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
56 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Stop: I have no idea why you want to put Retin A (tretinoin) on your penis head since there is no wrinkle there. If anything, try topical hydrocortisone for a few days to calm the inflammation down (I presume however that Betnovate is a brand of cortisone containing betamethasone . If so, it is ok to use it once a day for 3-4 days but no more).
Answered on Apr 25, 2019