U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Sparks, NV
A 52-year-old male asked:

Should an 83 y/o being treated for hypertension and high cholesterol who suffered a tia 4 years ago have an ultrasound of the carotid arteries?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Adam Zuber
Neurology 36 years experience
CVA/TIA: all patients who had a stroke should have annual carotid duplex study and echocardiogram performed. The patient in question seems to be at increased risk of developing strokes and carotid duplex study is appropriate and recommended
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 20, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.