IN

infected cyst on base of skull with vomiting,pressure,severe headaches,sweating and severe pain. on antibiotics but no relief. what to do??

Dr. Robert Shapiro
Specializes in Emergency Medicine
Go to the ER now: Given your symptoms, I would be extremely concerned about the possibility that the infection has gone deeper, and would be checking a CT scan of your head and then possibly performing a spinal tap if I was seeing you about this in the ER; this is NOT something to fool around with. Also, as a doctor, I would not ever try to surgically drain such a cyst unless I had first performed the above tests!

Last updated May 3, 2017