Rockwall, TX

my newborns pediatrician recommended i use neosporin on his diaper area, but the kid kind i bought says it's not recommended for children under 2?

Dr. Clarene Cress
Specializes in Pediatrics
Neosp is antibiotic: cream, & recommended to Rx or prevent infection in open sores. It is always preferred to treat topically rather than oral antibiotic, esp. in young infants. The amount of med absorbed through the skin is minimal, so safe for your baby. This is intended for short term use and regular diaper rash is treated with frequent diaper changes, wash with H2O & cover with zinc or petroleum based ointment