i took my birth control pill with a sip of pineapple juice today because i didn't have water. is it okay, or will the pineapple juice effect my pill?

Dr. Charles Turck
16 years experience Pharmacology
Okay: You'll be fine. The best information available suggests that, if anything, there would be a slight increase in your birth control pill's levels - and that's assuming pineapple juice were to behave like grapefruit juice, which there is no guarantee that it does. And with the sip you took, there is very little likelihood there would be that rise in levels anyway. I don't expect any difference.
Answered on Apr 17, 2016