U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
New York, NY
A 34-year-old female asked:

Some days i'll lose my vision (briefly, slightly) while moving about. also tachycardic. pots? what kind of studies should i get? thanks in advance

1 doctor answer6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ira Friedlander
Cardiac Electrophysiology 44 years experience
You may have some: form of autonomic dysfunction (dysautonomia) not necessarily POTS. A head upright tilt table test would help to differentiate your diagnosis. An evaluation by a Cardiologist or preferably an Electrophysiologist should be helpful to treat you and alleviate your symptoms.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 38-year-old member asked:
What can cause pots disease (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome)?
2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 40-year-old member asked:
How do you make the diagnosis of postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (pots)?
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 40-year-old member asked:
Does anyone know anything about preventing postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (pots)?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 27-year-old female asked:
Can anxiety cause POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome)?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Apr 24, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.