United Kingdom

Hi, i get sun allergy, sunscreen is not working for me and my gp gave me steroids cream which is not safe to use all the times. i have very dry skin a?

Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Try opaque ones: If your problem is an itchy skin rash after sun exposure, then try a sunscreen with titanium or zinc. If you have dry skin, regular application of moisturizer immediately after bathing is essential. I wonder how the diagnosis of sun allergy was made since there are several types of reaction with sun exposure. Be sure you are not taking a drug which sensitizes you to the sun. See dermatologist.

Last updated Apr 7, 2016