Have acne scars, underwent chemical peeling. now, thinking to join gym. is there any ill effects of gym (eg. sweat) to scars? will my scars get deep?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Ed Friedlander answered

Specializes in Pathology

Join the gym: I doubt the chemical peel will end up doing you any good. I'm sorry you got scars and I trust your acne is now under control instead of being neglected. If you want the acne scars removed, a plastic surgeon or dermatologist can offer microsurgery, filler, or laser work. A well-muscled, trim body completely overrides scars, and in fact you'll end up looking "extra tough." Great move; do it.

Answered 10/15/2017

1.4k views

Dr. Jennifer Gardner answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Post chemical peel: It is important to know the type of peel, # days since the peel, and if was it a deep, medium, or superficial chemical peel. If peel was recent, sweat could irritate the skin. Use a towel or headband to reduce contact w/ sweat and wash face immediately after. With post peel complications: scarring is more common w/ deeper peels, and hyper-pigmentation is more common in dark skinned individuals.

Answered 5/31/2016

1.4k views