NM

Took a pregnancy test the week my period was due at the doctors office and it tested negative, but my period has yet to arrive?

Dr. Magdala Beauvil
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Reasons for delay: Besides pregnancy, menses can be delayed due to hormonal imbalance, stress, fluctuations in weight, medications,etc. Please follow up with a GYN for complete evaluation.
Dr. Peter Baumann
Repeat test: Typically, urine pregnancy tests are positive around the time a woman expects to come on her menstrual period. However, if conception was later than anticipated, the menstrual period may be delayed and the pregnancy test may turn positive a little later. Repeating the test a week from the previous one may be a good idea.

Last updated Feb 21, 2016