A male asked:

I have pinched nerve in thigh causing foot drop ever hear of this?

Dr. Gerardo Guerra Bonilla
Foot drop : Lumbar plexus lesions tend to cause weakness of hip flexion and adduction and/or knee extension. Lumbosacral trunk and upper sacral plexus lesions result in foot drop or flail foot, depending on the extent of involvement, and weakness of knee flexion or hip abduction.
Dr. Ilene Ruhoy
Neurology 21 years experience
Peroneal: Peroneal neuropathy can cause a foot drop and the most common site of compression is the site where the nerve wraps around the fibula. Generally removing the pressure, splinting, and physical therapy can be helpful. But have you had this confirmed with electrodiagnostic testing? I would recommend it to be sure as there are other potential causes of foot drop.

Last updated May 24, 2016