Indianapolis, IN

I have a 8 mm calcification on the right frontal lobe of my brain. can that cause issues with word finding, brainfog and give intermittent headaches?

Dr. Daniel Clayton
Specializes in Neurosurgery
Possible, not likely: Calcifications in and around the brain can come from many different causes -- knowing more about the history of your calcification would be helpful at answering your question. Most would not cause headaches, and would be unlikely to cause "brain fog" or word finding troubles unless it is causing seizures. Medications are probably the most common cause of the symptoms you mention.
Last updated Aug 28, 2017