U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 19-year-old female asked:

I am having trouble with my breathing. i am using my asthma inhalers more than i should. i also have chest pain. what should i do. 19 female?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Emergency room: When a known asthmatic has persistent breathing problems unrelieved by usual medications and or inhalers it's an indication to go to the hospital emergency room for evaluation and treatment. It's important not to get to the point of severe respiratory distress and fatigue.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 18, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.