A member asked:

I am having severe incapacitating pain in my hip and down the front of my leg. er doc said sciatica? prescribed medrol (methylprednisolone) dosepak. will this help

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Lynne Weixel answered

Specializes in Clinical Psychology

You need to find a long term solution since steroids are risky over time. Consult a Dr, a physical therapist or chiropractor for exercise/Tx plan. Many things may help. Correct shoes, sitting posture, mattress, proper weight, strength, etc. Accupuncture/pressure - all can work!

Answered May 10, 2016



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

A member asked:

Which is stronger cortisone or solu Medrol (methylprednisolone) for sciatica?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor