U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Chicago, IL
A 26-year-old male asked:

After performing jump and hearing single crack i have dull chronic pain and one of the vertebrae is painful to touch and maybe a little bit inflamed.

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Matthew Parker
Family Medicine 19 years experience
Need an xray: I would strongly recommend an x-ray of the affected region of the back. It is necessary to rule out a fracture of the vertebra that you report is sore to the touch. If no if no evidence of fracture is seen, it is likely a "soft tissue" injury which could heal on its own at some point, assuming the pain is not radiating outward from the site of injury. Hope this is helpful! Good luck!!!
Dr. Alexios Apazidis
Orthopedic Reconstructive Surgery 18 years experience
Compression fracture: I don't know your age, nutritional status or medical history but I'm concerned about possible compression fracture. Pain can be mild to severe. I would see your family doctor for an X-ray.
Last updated Dec 9, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.