A male asked:

What's the chance of getting syphilis after fingering a woman?

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Finger cuts?: If your partner was infected and you have hidden cuts on your finger, then syphilis infection is possible from the vaginal fluids.
Answered on Oct 25, 2018
2
2 comments
Dr. Carisa Hines
20 years experience in Palliative Care
Also if you touched other body parts, genitals for example, while the infected fluids were on your hands/fingers.
Nov 11, 2015
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
52 years experience in Infectious Disease
All true, but in nearly 40 years in a busy STD clinic, I never saw or heard of a patient with primary syphilis of the hands or fingers; every one was genital, anal, or oral. Doesn't mean it can't happen, but considering the frequency of hand-genital contact, I consider it to be zero risk or close to it.
Nov 11, 2015