hello dr.my boyfriend just discovered that he is allergic to our new kitten , can allegra (fexofenadine) be taken everyday to help symptoms? is it a long term fix

Dr. Susan Rhoads
Your age?: We need to know your age. Please put it in your public profile. We cannot answer questions from minors. Knowing your country or state helps, too. Age, location, and gender, can affect our answer, since some conditions are more likely in different places or in different age groups. Be honest! You expect if of us, & we expect it of you! List any meds you take, & any chronic medical problems, too.
Dr. Franklyn Gergits
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 29 years experience
Cat allergy: Greetings. Yes, Allegra (fexofenadine) can be used regularly for a fixed allergic exposure. Other medications could be added as needed. Since he was allergy tested, was he highly allergic? Does he have asthma? Is he allergic to other triggers? All these questions are important to see what might be best. Even allergy shot desensitization may be helpful. Follow up with your Allergist if Allegra (fexofenadine) isn't working.