Will tea tree oil stop the bad breath coming from my sinuses? used in a nasal rinse bottle to clean out my nasal passages.

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Andrew Seibert answered

Specializes in Gastroenterology

Although multiple poorly designed studies have suggested an antibacterial effect for tea tree oil, there have been no large randomized studies of its use, especially in the nasal passages. And although most people do not have reactions, there have been reports of deaths due to TTO ingestion in rats and reports of oral poisoning in children and adults. Be careful of what you read on the Internet.

Answered Oct 23, 2015

2.1k views