how do i wean off hydrocortisone 1% cream? hav been using it for 10 years on my face as prescribed by my doctor for acne. bad mistake. please help me

Dr. Sonia Badreshia-Bansal
18 years experience Dermatology
Steroid acne : You should NEVER use any cortisone product for long periods of time as it can lead to steroid acne, permanent thinning of the skin, and stretch marks. I would stop the hydrocortisone immediately. However because your skin is addicted to the steroid, it may get worse before it gets better over the next few weeks. You may see a dermatologist on using a non steroid based cream in the meantime.
Answered on Oct 6, 2015
1