what should i do for an allergic reaction from an ant bite? usually i need an epipen (epinephrine) but this time i didn't. the bite area (my foot) is very swollen.

Dr. Carol Jacobs
Specializes in Pediatrics
Benadryl (diphenhydramine): Glad you didn't need an Epipen this time but if you have a history of breathing problems in past with ant bites don't leave home without it! Benadryl (diphenhydramine) usually first emergent medication I recommend. Keep foot elevated. Compresses 50/50 white vinegar/water. Make appointment to see your MD asap. http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/insect-stings
Answered on Jun 17, 2018