U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Louisville, KY
A 16-year-old female asked:

I'm 17 and i've been on my period for 18-19 days. it started off light and now it's gotten heavier. what's the cause of this?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Charles Saha
Gastroenterology 29 years experience
Menses: You should have evaluation by your gynecologist to determine the cause of your prolonged menses.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 9, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.