FL

i had my tubes cut tied and burned 2 yrs ago age 24 and my period has always been normal now im 8 days late what could this be ?dahi

Dr. Charles Whiting
Get pregnancy test: There still is a small chance of pregnancy after getting your tubes "cut, tied and burned." The risk is about 5.5% over the 10 years after the surgery. Since this is new for you, you should probably get a pregnancy test. However, there are other possibilities. For example, you may not have ovulated this month so there was not signal for a period. Happens to most women occasionally.
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Delayed menses: It is most likely a normal delay in your period if your pregnancy test is negative. Tubal ligations can and do fail by recanalizing the Fallopian tubes. (growing around the obstruction.) so a pregnancy test is the first step in assessing this situation.
Dr. Peter Baumann
Pregnancy test: Women, who have their tubes tied at a young age, are at an about 20 fold higher risk of failure and getting pregnant than women over the age of 35. When menses are delayed after a tubal ligation, pregnancy always needs to be considered.