Ended my period 7/1. i have been feeling cramps the last couple days (external pelvic, cramp/numbness). can i be pregnant? is cramp an early symptom?

Dr. Cynthia McNally
Probably not: If your period that just ended 11 days ago was a normal period for you--normal flow at the expected time--then this cramping is probably not a pregnancy. There are many reasons for pelvic cramping, some that can be intestinal or urinary. If you are having new vaginal discharge with cramping, get checked for STD. If not and the cramping is mild, I would wait it out a few days before being seen.
Dr. Katharine Cox
Pediatric Emergency Medicine 45 years experience
Cramping: Cramping is not generally a symptom of pregnancy. Although it is rather early in your cycle to confirm pregnancy, you could do a pregnancy test. All the best.

Last updated Jul 12, 2015