Jamaica

hi doc. my belly button is sore. i am using and antibiotic ointment but it is not working. i wash the area with mild warm salt water. it has not helpe?

Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
Deeper infection?: If your belly button (navel) is still sore in spite of good hygiene and a topical antibiotic, the infection may be too deep for these measures to be effective. In that case, an oral (systemic) antibiotic may be needed. Continue what you're doing, but see a doctor as well. Of course, something else may be causing the pain but, in any case, you should see a doctor about it. Best wishes!