Australia

i went out drinking for the first time in 3 months and had 1 puff of a cigarette for the first time in 6 months i woke up this morning and thew up and started having a little pain in my throat, then started coughing up a small amount of blood in my mucus

Dr. Donald Colantino
Mucus: It's doubtful that one puff would impact your respiratory tract. I suspect irritation/inflammation of the stomach lining from alcohol excess. Vomiting may have strained the throat or gi tract causing slight bleeding. See your physician if further coughing or vomiting of blood,black stools, persistent abdominal distress develop. In the meantime follow a bland diet,avoid alcohol,caffeine and nicotin

Last updated Jun 3, 2015