i am 48 years old/hysterectomy 9yrs ago .having frequent urination. today i noticed a small amount of blood on the toilet paper. should i be concerned?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Inaam Schneider
Frequent Urination: frequent urination even without pain , with blood , may indicate a urinary track infection. My suggestion is for you to see a physician to have a urine test or go to urging care for evaluation and treatment. We need to determine if the blood is coming from the urinary track or from the vagina. You did not say if you are on hormonal therapy or not. Best regards
Answered on May 6, 2015
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Yes.: Your symptoms sound like a bladder infection. In addition to the frequent urination, the bladder can get so inflamed that you may also get blood in your urine. If your history is straightforward, we may be able to help you on a Virtual Consult. The Q/A part of HealthTap doesn't diagnose or treat patients. I hope this info is helpful in any case.
Answered on Oct 25, 2016