U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 40-year-old member asked:

How can you treat a foot pain?

3 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeffery VanYperen
Podiatry 13 years experience
See a podiatrist: A podiatrist or foot and ankle specialist will examine the foot, take x rays if necessary, and treat your foot pain.
Dr. David Hettinger
Podiatry 37 years experience
See a podiatrist...: You can take otc or prescription anti-inflammatories to decrease the discomfort of arthritis, wear cushioned insoles to decrease pressure when walking, or have a surgical procedure to potentially re-align or fuse the joints that are giving you pain. It's impossible to tell for sure without a face-to-face exam.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
Psychiatry 33 years experience
Foot pain: Treating the cause. A podiatrist is your best bet.

Similar questions

A 46-year-old member asked:

What doctors treat foot pain?

2 doctor answers12 doctors weighed in
Dr. Johnnie Alston
Podiatry 16 years experience
Pick one: All doctors can treat foot pain. I would recommend a podiatrist or orthopedist.
A 37-year-old member asked:

How should I treat my foot pain for acro-dance?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Howard Fox
Podiatry 43 years experience
Acro dance: Can be pretty hard on the feet. If you're having pain, it might not be from the acro-dancing, but the acro-dancing brought it out. (if you were a couch potato, your feet would feel fine.) i recommend you see a podiatrist and get evaluated and find out why you're having pain, and there may be a pad or device or strapping that you can use when acro-dancing.
Morgan Hill, CA
A 23-year-old male asked:

What should I do about my foot pain?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Family Medicine 33 years experience
Pain: Plantar fascia or heel bruise common. A trial of a heel cup or arch support would be a good first step. If persistent visit with podiatrist best idea.

Related questions

A 33-year-old member asked:
How to treat cold feet?
3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 32-year-old member asked:
How to treat smelly feet?
4 doctor answers10 doctors weighed in
A 33-year-old male asked:
How to treat atlhletes foot?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 31-year-old member asked:
How to treat with gout in feet?
4 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
A 34-year-old member asked:
How do I treat my burning feet?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Sep 28, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.